For those of you who see me on Facebook know that on my way to lunch I saw a celebrity and my first reaction was to tweet about it. Oddly enough I refrained but only because my Facebook friends would actually read and react to it. I saw Elena Kagan the next Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States going to lunch. In honor of that sighting Elena gets a special place on my miscellaneous post this week.
- To kick things off, the Sunlight Foundation set up a gmail-esque interface to read all of Elena’s old email’s while she was working in the White House.
- Gizmodo thinks the President want’s to be able to kill the internet. Ironically I buy into this conspiracy more than a Government takeover in which we need our semi-automatics to fight the US Army.
- Jason Chaffetz, known most for his sleeping in his office on a cot to save the taxpayers’ money is also known to go skimpy on the number of staff he hires. I think that in a Free Market society the Hill needs to compete more for top staff and not just the small pool of applicants willing to work for food.
- Jason Chaffetz does somethings that make me proud of him for a brief moment. His (and Orrin’s) wholesale embrace of technology makes me want to stand up and ensure that all members of congress understand technology, or at least can play Plants vs. Zombies on their iPads.
- Speaking of technology and the Supreme Court, do you think court proceedings should be filmed so that the public can view them on YouTube? Did you know that as a member of the public I can (with a ticket) walk in and watch them live? does that change your opinion at all?
- Apparently Ronald Reagan’s legacy will help Democrats enact immigration reform. And the GOP wants a litmus test for candidates!
- Stephen Colbert supports TakeOurJobs.com which also might help immigration form that is coming up.
The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c Arturo Rodriguez Colbert Report Full Episodes 2010 Election Fox News